Parsnips have seriously become one of my favorite new vegetables. I love the unique “spicy” flavor it has. When they are roasted with herbs the flavors all really become cohesive and complement each other. Roasted parsnip fries are one of my go-to quick side dishes. They are tasty, nutritious and fun to eat like French fries. They get a nice crispiness on the outside and still a little soft on the inside. It pairs great with burgers, chicken tenders, pulled pork etc.
- 1-2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small parsnips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon se salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel the outer layer of the parsnip and cut into desired French fry shape.
- Put in a bowl and toss with olive oil, herbs and spices.
- Place on a rack in a single layer and roast for about 25-35 minutes.
- They should be browned and slightly crisp on the outside.
- They may need to be turned over half way through cooking.
*Depending on the size of your parsnips you may not need as much seasoning as I list in the recipe. Feel free to add according to personal taste.