I love a good burger salad. It is probably one of my favorite go-to meals at our house. You can get lots of greens, veggies and good quality protein all in one bowl. There is just something so satisfying about it.
I have another burger salad recipe on the blog but decided I wanted to do another variation. I picked up some watermelon radishes at Whole Foods this week and for some reason it sounded like it would be a magical topping to a massaged kale burger salad.
This salad is super simple and you can easily customize it to your own favorite salad toppings. I personally like to grill our burgers but if you don’t have access to a girl then just sear them in a skillet or cast iron pan.
- 1lb grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 radishes, sliced (I used watermelon radishes)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Farmhouse Culture Garlic Dill Kraut
- Preheat the grill to 450 or a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Put the ground beef in a large bowl with the spices and mix together. Divide the meat in to 4 large burger patties.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes a side or place in large skillet and cook for about 5 minutes a side or longer if needed.
- Put the chopped kale in a large bowl and pour the olive oil over the leaves. Use both hands to massage and kneed the oil in to the greens to tenderize the leaves.
- Divide the kale among four bowls and then divide the rest of the toppings evenly.
- Place the cooked burger on top and then serve with your favorite salad dressing.