This Spiralized Squash Salad with Pepper Pesto is such a delicious and satisfying summer salad. Spiralizing vegetables is pretty popular right now and for good reason because it really does allow you to use vegetables in a creative and satisfying way. They are relatively inexpensive gadgets and in in my opinion, totally worth the investment. The one by Ali from Inspiralized is definitely my FAVORITE one and you can check it out HERE.
I don’t typically like raw squash but I really love how this pepper pesto infuses in to these noodles and it really enhances the flavor and texture.
I have been on a serious pumpkin seed kick lately and that is kind of putting it lightly. I really am just completely obsessed. My husband keeps telling me that I really don’t need to put pumpkin seeds in everything. I try not to but I really can’t help it.
Summer squash and pepper season is about to come to an end so it is the perfect time to head to your farmer’s market and grab some for this quick and easy salad.
This is a great salad to use as a side or even topped with your favorite protein as an entrée.
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large yellow squash, spiralized
- 2 poblano peppers (3oz)
- 1 green bell pepper (4oz)
- 1 jalapeno, cored and seeded
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, fresh
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash in to spaghetti noodles and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the poblano, bell pepper, jalapeno, pumpkin seeds, garlic and cilantro to a food processor or blender and pulse in to small pieces.
- Add the lime, red wine vinegar, salt, maple and olive oil and blend until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the pepper pesto on top of the noodles and toss to combine. Let set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then serve with more pumpkin seeds.
- I use THIS Spiralizer