I am so excited to be sharing this recipe for Matcha Energy Bites. When I first changed my diet several years ago I found that snacks were really the hardest thing for me. It was usually the one time of the day I would not go for a healthy option or I would just be starving because I couldn’t find anything to eat.
Over time I learned to have some small items on hand for when I got really hungry. These Matcha Energy Bites are a great thing to store in your refrigerator for when you need a little protein and perhaps a little caffeine to get you through the day.
I paired the matcha with some dates, cashews, cacao nibs, chia seeds and collagen. This recipe was kind of born out of the – “what do I have in my pantry that I can throw in a food processor.” That is how the best recipes are made right?!
I prefer/LOVE to use Date Lady Dates in this recipe. It is not necessary but I do highly recommend them. They are the best dates I have ever had…basically tastes like nature’s caramel. You can order them HERE
I used peanut butter in this recipe partly as a binder but also for the flavor. If you can’t tolerate peanut butter feel free to substitute with a creamy almond butter or even cashew butter.
- Add the dates, cashews, cacao nibs and chia seeds to a food processer and pulse until everything is coarsely chopped
- Add the collagen, cacao, matcha, peanut butter, vanilla extract and sea salt and pulse until the mixture starts to from in to a ball.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter out and roll in to a ball. Roll in the shredded coconut and repeat with the reaming batter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- I prefer to use collagen protein in this recipe but feel free to leave it out for a vegan option.
- If you can't tolerate the peanut butter feel free to substitute for almond or cashew butter.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon