I have been a little obsessed with Asian food lately and this Ginger Teriyaki Kale Salad with Roasted Broccoli is basically perfection. It is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, spicy and earthy.
As a general rule of thumb I actually don’t eat soy because of my autoimmune disease. My body generally hates it so I just avoid it all together. For the most part that is fine and actually helps me avoid a lot of processed foods and nasty oils because of it. The only time I really missed eating soy was with Asian foods and particularly my love for teriyaki chicken.
Not too long ago I discovered the teriyaki sauce made by Coconut Secrets that uses coconut aminos and I became OBSESSED. My husband actually requested that I not make stir-fry for a bit…oops!
This really is a great nutrient dense and soy-free Asian salad. You can easily add any of your favorite vegetables or even some protein. We like to top it with some Asian meatballs or some teriyaki chicken.
Feel free to get creative!
- 1 head broccoli, florets
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Teriyaki Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 cups lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced (I use a peeler)
- ½ cup cashews, chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the broccoli florets to the pan and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 20-25 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar and place a lid on top and shake until everything is combined.
- Add the chopped kale to a large bowl and pour half of the dressing on top and use your hands to massage/kneed the dressing in to the kale until the leaves are tender.
- Add the bell pepper, radishes, carrots and cashews and toss to combine. Top with the remaining dressing and serve immediately.