I am officially obsessed with this Gluten-free Brownie Cake with Cookie Dough Filling. OBSESSED!!! Can you really blame me? It is basically all the great desserts in one delicious cake.
Earlier this week I posted the recipe for some gluten-free vegan cookie dough in preparation for this recipe.
I could not be more proud of the cookie dough and how it turned out. My favorite part is the addition of the chopped Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups. You can substitute for more chocolate chips but I HIGHLY recommend keeping them in the recipe if you can.
Pretty excited that I was finally able to create a delicious, fudgy vegan brownie. Baking without eggs and gluten can be challenging sometimes so I definitely did a dance around the kitchen when I finally got this recipe right.
The base is primarily melted dark chocolate. That really helps this brownie set and have a rich, fudgy texture.
Most great desserts take a little time and patience and this is no exception. You can make some of these components in stages and then assemble to save some time. This is definitely not for faint of heart. It is an incredibly decadent and rich dessert in all the best ways.
Okay – I just need to stop typing and post this recipe because I am SO EXCITED!
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup palm shortening
- 10oz dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk yogurt
- 2/3 cup canned coconut cream (the thick part on top of the coconut milk)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- Find Recipe HERE
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 9-inch springform pan and set on a baking sheet.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl and set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa powder, buckwheat flour, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- Use a double boiler or a large glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Add the palm shortening and dark chocolate and melt. Whisk in the coconut sugar and then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla, flax egg and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour in the springform pan and then bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Heat the double boiler or put a glass bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Heat the coconut cream and add the dark chocolate and whisk until combined (see notes).
- Remove from heat and let cool, whisking periodically.
- Make cookie dough filling right before assembly. You can find the recipe HERE
- Remove the springfrom ring around the cooled brownie cake and spread the cookie dough filling on top (see notes).
- Pour the cooled ganache on top and use an offset spatula to spread over the entire cake and down the sides.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator and let the ganache and cookie dough set for about one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to put a cookie crumble on top reserve about ¼ - ½ cup of cookie dough and form in to a cookie shape and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350. Let cool and then break in to cookie crumbles and top the cake after your spread the chocolate ganache.
- If ganache is too thick and almost “separating” then add a little bit of coconut milk until mixture is smooth
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $16.74Was: $20.94
Price: $15.92Was: $18.96