One of the first recipes I ever photographed and posted was a Basil Infused Cherry Limeade. At the time I really had no clue how to take pictures of food or really pictures in general. I didn’t even have some of those original pictures in focus because I didn’t know how to focus it. Serious game changer the day I figured that out Hah!
I decided to rework this recipe a little bit so you can make this drink any time of the year with frozen cherries and I also really wanted to reshoot the images. Hah!
I decided to keep the old recipe up though so if you want to make this with fresh cherries you can head over to the original recipe HERE.
As much as I love a good cocktail I do think that there are plenty of great ways to make a delicious, flavorful mocktail that isn’t overly sweet or boring. This recipe is fairly simple and can be thrown together quickly. Since the base is a concentrate it allows you to really customize the drink it to your taste. It is the perfect drink to make for your spring parties
- 1.5 lbs frozen dark cherries
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Add the frozen cherries to the blender and let thaw some while you zest the limes and squeeze the juice.
- Add the water, lime zest and lime juice and puree in a high-speed blender until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and in to a medium saucepan.
- Add the honey and basil leaves to the cherry limeade mixture and let steep and lightly simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and then remove the basil leaves.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of cherry limeade concentrate to a glass filled with ice and top with about 1 cup of sparkling water.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $189.99Was: $224.97