I am not even sure these cookies need much explanation. I feel like this is one of those moments where a picture is worth a thousand words. Okay – I won’t actually leave the post with only two sentences because I actually do have something to say about these cookies. Like – THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES I HAVE EVER MADE! Seriously – I have never eaten so many cookies in one day before!
The cacao nib base is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I have used it in my coffee cheesecake recipe and my raspberry thumbprint cookies. It is incredibly simple dough, nutrient dense and actually pretty low in sugar.
I decided I would just make the same base again and switch up the filling. Why ruin a good thing? I though a chocolate and tahini fudge would be the perfect complement to the cookie since it gives a fruit, nutty and rich flavor.
This really is an insanely delicious and wholesome cookie recipe that you need in your life ASAP!
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4oz dark chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- Salt Flakes (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pecans, cacao nibs, chia seeds, baking soda and salt to a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds or until everything is coarsely chopped. Add the maple and pulse until the dough starts to form in to a ball.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll in to a ball and place on the baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an imprint in the middle of the cookie. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges and remove from the oven. You may need to use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an imprint again after it rises in the oven.
- Melt the chocolate and mix it with the tahini.
- Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of the chocolate filling in to each cookie. Place in the refrigerator until chocolate has set completely. Top with sea salt flakes if desired.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $7.05Was: $7.45
Price: Check on Amazon