This is my third week in a row posting a pumpkin recipe so yeah, I promise next will be different. It is not completely my fault though. I did a little poll on instagram and asked if you wanted the carrot cake or ice cream and the ice cream barely won. Seriously, only made it by a couple points.
I am a firm believer that ice cream never goes out of season. You just have to adapt the ice cream flavors to the season you are in. Already dreaming up some Christmas flavors for you all.
It may seem that an ice cream maker is really not a necessary purchase and I totally get that BUT they are actually not that expensive and it is so fun to be able to make your own. I use THIS ice cream maker.
This recipe actually has pumpkin in it and not just the pumpkin spice flavor so that means it is actually uh….healthy? (kidding).
The pumpkin really adds a lot of flavor and also a creamy texture. This base is sweetened with a mixture of dates and maple. I find the combination of the two sugars gives the best flavor and texture.
The best part is that it all just gets thrown in the blender and then put in the ice cream maker. No need to steep anything or wait for the batter to be refrigerated.
Be sure to stay tuned for a milkshake recipe I have coming using this recipe. It is the BEST.
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 oz dates, pitted
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Strain mixture if there is any date pieces that didn’t get pureed.
- Pour in to your ice cream maker and follow according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Eat as a soft serve or place ice cream in a container and freeze until hard (4-6 hours). Let thaw on the counter until ice cream is softened and creamy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $38.99Was: $44.13