It seems that winter is going to be short this year so I decided I needed to post this Balsamic Chicken Zoodle Soup before it got too warm. I mean… we really eat soup all year long but definitely not as frequently in the warmer months. Honestly, we have had a super weird winter this year. One day it is 20 degrees and the next is 65. Honestly, I am not really sure how I feel about it. We finally have a home with a big, wood-burning fireplace so I was definitely hoping we could use that more. It is probably just going to end up snowing in April or something.
Okay, I will stop complaining about the weather and talk about the soup now. I started adding balsamic to my soup recipes to give them a depth of flavor. It has taken me a while to figure out the right amount to add. Trust me, you don’t want to add too much. This is just enough to add richness of flavor without being over powering. I like to serve this over some zucchini noodles. It not only adds great flavor but it is nutrient dense and low-carb option.
This is a great dish to make for some meal prep. We eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (3 cups)
- 1.5 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups chicken stock/bone broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used THIS Recipe)
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes and then add the bell pepper and sweet potato and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, salt, vinegar, broth and bay leaf and place a lid on the pot and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened.
- While the soup is simmering spiralize the two zucchini’s in to noodles and set aside.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the bottom of the bowl and top with the soup. Serve immediately.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $34.95Was: $49.95