This is probably my new favorite meal right now. I have had it like 3 or 4 times in the last few days and I will probably just have it 16 more times this week.
I have a deep love for spicy foods and I really love spicy mixed with sweet potato. Speaking of which – we went to the new Butcher and Bee in Nashville and they had some pretty insanely delicious hot sweet potatoes. If you live around middle Tn or even if you don’t – you should go there.
Anyway, this dish is really quite simple and is perfect for the nights you need to just pick up a rotisserie chicken and throw together a quick meal. I like to pair these with the creamy avocado sauce to give it an extra kick of flavor. Feel free to get creative and add some of your favorite toppings. Tonight we added chopped up pickles and bacon and it was basically heaven on a plate.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ - ½ cup avocado cilantro sauce
- 1 jalapeno halved and deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the potatoes on the pan and roast for 45-55 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Put the jalapeno, garlic and cilantro in a small food processor or blender and chop. Add the avocado, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and blend until you have a creamy sauce. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, toss the shredded chicken with the buffalo sauce (heat over stove if necessary).
- Slice the potatoes open and stuff with the shredded chicken and top with the avocado cilantro sauce and more buffalo sauce and other toppings if desired.
- I prefer to shred up a rotissirie chicken for this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $32.59Was: $75.00