There are probably a million recipes out there for Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans. I realize this but I really wanted to post MY version of chicken salad because not everyone makes it the same way. Also, I get asked a lot what I make for lunches and this is something I make a lot.
I think that chicken salad gets a bad rap for being super unhealthy and it definitely can be. If you have soy and sugar filled mayonnaise and then put it on a wheat filled croissant then you absolutely don’t need to think that is a healthy lunch. But…you can definitely make a healthier chicken salad with some good quality mayonnaise like Sir Kensington or Primal Kitchen and then serve it on top of lots of seasonal vegetables or in some gluten-free wraps.
I like to cook a bunch of chicken in my instant pot at the beginning of the week and then shred it up to use in salads, soups and other dishes. It ensures I get good meals during busy weeks and it is just SO good. This recipe can easily be doubled and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise (see notes)
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup red or black grapes, halved
- Add the shredded chicken, pecans, Dijon, mayonnaise, chives, oregano, pepper and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the grapes to the bowl and mix.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- I prefer Sir Kensington or Primal Kitchen mayonnaise
- Serve on top of a bed of lettuce or in some gluten-free wraps or bread.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon