I can’t stop with this Curry Chicken Salad. CAN’T STOP! I have basically lived on this stuff for the past two weeks.
I love making a big batch of this salad and eating on it for several days. We love to eat this salad on a bed of lettuce, siete tortillas or some homemade toasted GF sourdough bread.
If you have followed me for a while you know that I have a serious obsession with Primal Palate Organic Spices. They recently released some new “Taste of Asia” pack and one blend being an insanely delicious curry powder. I really love a classic chicken salad but the curry really makes this salad incredibly flavorful and fun.
We like to use a good quality mayonnaise like Sr. Kensington or Primal Kitchen. Not only do they taste amazing but also a nutrient dense option. You can easily double or triple this batch recipe for several meals!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken*
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives or green onion, chopped
- ½ cup dried golden raisins or apricots (diced)
- 3.5 tsp curry powder (I prefer Primal Palate )
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- ¾ cup red grapes, sliced
- Add the shredded chicken, pecans, chives, golden raisins, curry powder and salt to a large bowl and mix.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix until combined and then fold in the grapes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- When I am in a hurry I often prefer to just pick up a rotisserie chicken for this recipe but feel free to use your favorite chicken recipe.
- Feel free to adjust spices and mayonnaise to your personal taste.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.27Was: $9.56