Fudgy Oat Flour Brownies! Do I need to say more? If you saw my instagram post last week you may have noticed me saying that these are probably the best brownies I have ever had. I realize that is a super bold statement but these really are so incredibly good. I kept asking my husband and sister if I actually made them. Hah!
If you have followed me for a while you know that we don’t eat a ton of grains in our house. For the most part we feel a lot better if we limit them and it also allows us to just eat more vegetables. However, I am not completely opposed to eating grains (except wheat). I have been reading a book called Flavor Flour and it is a cookbook about using a bunch of different gluten-free grains in place of wheat. I really like this book because it is more about how a lot of these non-traditional flours have truly amazing flavors and we don’t necessarily need to use wheat flours all the time.
Anyway, this book kind of inspired me to play around with some of the grain flours that I can tolerate. One of the ones I do fine with is oat flour. I really actually enjoy oat flour for many reasons. This flour has a really nice sweet flavor that compliments a lot of baking recipes and it is also very affordable. I had wanted to create some more affordable gluten-free treats for the blog to reach a large audience and then this recipe ended up being one of the best things I have ever made.
I wanted these brownies to taste as traditional as possible so I used some really high quality grass-fed butter to give the brownies a truly decadent fudgy flavor. These are actually really rich brownies – I mean, there is almost a pound of chocolate in them. I cut them larger for the pictures but realistically they would probably be best as smaller squares. Unless you are having a really bad day then by all means cut the brownies in to large squares. Actually you don’t even have to bother with that – just eat straight out of the pan.
So if you are craving a legit brownie that makes you forget all of your problems then this is definitely the recipe for you!
*Disclaimer: These brownies really may not fix all your problems but it MAY get pretty darn close to it! 😉
- 14 ounces dark chocolate (I use 70%)
- 1 stick grass-fed butter (½ cup)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egss + 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Oat Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Grab a small sauce pan and fill with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and then place a glass bowl on top as a double boiler. Heat the stove to medium heat and begin warming the bowl.
- Slice the stick of butter in to 4 or 5 sections and add it to the bowl with the chocolate. Let the mixture melt and stir frequently.
- Once it has melted take the glass bowl off the heat and mix in the coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to a small bowl and whisk until just combined and then add it to the brownie mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix and then pour in to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until you can put in a toothpick and it comes out fairly clean.
- Let the brownies cool a few minutes and then lift out the parchment lined brownies and let cool on rack.
Products from Amazon.com