This recipe was originally created for my Summer Gathering event. I hosted an outdoor party complete with an assortment of appetizers, margarita bar and a build your own s’more bar.
Food has always been a significant part of my life for many reasons. It is something that inspires and fuels my creativity. One of the aspects of food I have always loved the most is the ability for it to bring people together. To gather around one place and spend time together eating, drinking, conversing and laughing.
I believe that creating food for people can truly be a way of showing that someone is heard and seen. Food really can allow you to communicate with people that no matter where they are in life that you notice them. They are seen, heard and loved. I always strive for people to leave my house not only full of food but also feeling like someone took the time to say that they matter. Often times I don’t think we realize the power that food and gathering can really have on others. It is a powerful tool to truly create a powerful community.
Everything is designed for you to make it ahead of time so the host can truly be a part of the party instead of cooking in the kitchen. So even if you don’t make these recipes I encourage you to take some time this summer to invite your friends over. Eat, drink and spend some time gathering together with old and new friends.
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. – Alice Waters”
Click the box below to see the full post
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl and add the salt, garlic, basil and oregano to a bowl and mix together.
- Sprinkle it over the popcorn and toss. Drizzle the melted butter on top and gently toss. Serve immediately.
- Make ahead: Toss the popcorn with the salt, garlic and herbs and cover. Drizzle the butter before serving.
All images by Redeeming Love Photography
Products from Amazon.com