Ginger Lime Margaritas! OH YEAH! This is one of my favorite recipes and I have been meaning to blog it for a long time. It seemed like the perfect time with Memorial Day coming up. There are few things I love more than a good margarita. A few years ago I had a ginger margarita at True Food Kitchen and absolutely loved it. We tried to recreate it several times at home and struggled to get the right ratio of ginger. The drink would end up being really bitter instead of sweet and spicy.
We finally found a great balance of ginger, tequila and sweetness and this drink has been a staple for us since. I like to use the Ginger People juice for this recipe because it makes this drink so fast and the flavor really is amazing.
We don’t use a lot of regular cane sugar in our house but I find that alternative sugars just really don’t give these margaritas the best flavor. However, you are more than welcome to try if you wish.
I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday weekend with friends and family and that you get the chance to make some of these ginger lime margaritas
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur or St Germain
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce ginger juice (I prefer Ginger People)
- ¼ ounce organic simple syrup*
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and combine all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is frosted and contents are cold.
- Strain in to a glass filled with ice and serve immediately with a lime wedge.
- Simple syrup is a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. Dissolve the sugar in hot water and then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I like to use organic cane sugar or demerara sugar.
- You can easily double the recipe if you are making this drink for two!
Products from Amazon.com