I have a serious banana bread obsession and these Gluten-free Banana Bundt Cakes are EVERYTHING!! I would say that banana bread is easily on my top 10 favorite foods EVER! Have you ever had my Gluten-free Caramelized Banana Coffee Cake? It is SO incredible! I bet I will have about 20 different banana bread recipes in the next couple years on here. I mean, there could be worse things right?! I am really excited to share these gluten-free banana bundt cakes with peanut butter glaze. You really can’t go wrong with a banana, chocolate and peanut butter recipe. Unless you don’t like any of those things but that would just downright sad.
My brother and sister-in-law got me one of those Heritage Bundtlette Cake Pans for my birthday and I LOVE IT! I never knew a bundt cake could look so adorable.
It is one of those pans I have been meaning to purchase for years but I just kept putting off. I have no idea why because I just love it now. I have SO many ideas for little bundt cakes now.
This really is a great personal sized banana bread to serve either as a dessert or even brunch if you want to omit the chocolate chips. You could also leave them in because chocolate for breakfast….#winning.
I chose to use almond and buckwheat as the flour in these cakes for flavor and texture purposes. Buckwheat has that nutty, rich and fruity flavor that really complements sweetness. I am guessing that is party due to the fact buckwheat is in the rhubarb family (not a grain). The almond pairs well and also gives a great texture. Then there is the peanut butter! Over the past few years I haven’t eaten a lot of it but recently started again and I just can’t get enough. It gives me life and is the PERFECT glaze for these adorable bundt cakes.
You can easily make these ahead of time and even freeze them. Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite banana bread toppings!
- 1 cup smashed bananas, approximately 3 bananas
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I like wild friends)
- 2 Tbsp palm shortening
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease the bundt cake pan. Set aside
- Smash the bananas and then set aside
- In a large bowl or stand mixer add the palm shortening and sugar and beat until fluffy. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the banana, eggs and vanilla and mixt until combined.
- Add the buckwheat flour, almond flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Fill each individual bundt cake evenly and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then flip them over on to a cooling rack.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the peanut butter, palm shortening and maple. Let the shortening melt and thoroughly mix with the peanut butter.
- Add the arrowroot starch and whisk to combine. Glaze should be smooth.
- Use a spoon to pour the glaze over the bundt cakes. Top with cacao nibs if desired
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $34.67Was: $38.27
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $23.43Was: $24.13