The past two weeks of recipe development for me have been ALL around making an Edible Gluten-free, Vegan Cookie Dough. It has really been a huge sacrifice for me to make and taste all these different cookie dough recipes.
Lately I have been on an egg elimination phase for some health reasons and baking without eggs is SO HARD. I would do anything for a fluffy egg-filled waffle right now. HELP ME!! Anyone have any killer egg-free/gluten-free waffle recipes?
Anyway, this post is not about waffles. This is kind of a two part recipe actually. I was inspired to try and make this edible gluten-free, vegan cookie dough filling for a cake recipe idea I had. Sometimes I have these grand recipe ideas and then they really don’t work and I get sad. Well this recipe was not one of them! I successfully made a vegan cookie dough AND brownie! Woo-hoo!
Recently I discovered that dairy-free yogurt can be a great addition to baked goods that are free of eggs. It adds really good flavor and also texture. I guess you can celebrate that your cookie dough has probiotics too…Right?
There is one special aspect to this cookie dough and that is the addition of Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups. If you have followed me on instagram for a while you would probably be familiar with my coconut butter obsession. They are one of my favorite desserts. The chocolate is sweetened with coconut sugar and the coconut butter is filled with healthy fats. It really is a great, low-sugar treat. They add a great texture and flavor to this cookie dough.
You can shop the coconut butter cups HERE or check your local health food store. If you purchase online be sure to use code “jessihtmt” for a FREE product with purchase
(note – it won’t show up in your cart at checkout but they will add it when they ship.
This cookie dough is not your traditional recipe but still just as delicious. I wanted to make it as healthy as possible so used dairy-free palm shortening, probiotic yogurt, dark chocolate chips and gluten-free almond and buckwheat flour. This guilt-free dough is great to eat by the spoonful or can be used as a layer in my Gluten-free Brownie Cake with Cookie Dough Filling.
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt (I prefer coconut)
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups, chopped (see notes)
- Add the palm shortening and coconut sugar to a large bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer until mixture is fluffy. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and yogurt and beat until combined.
- Add the almond flour, buckwheat, flax seed and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut butter cups and stir to combine.
- Eat by the spoonful or use as the filling in my Gluten-free Brownie Cake with Cookie Dough Filling.
- The coconut butter cups are a DELICIOUS part of this cookie dough but not necessary. You can substitute another ½ cup of chocolate chips if you chose not to use them.
- The flavor of the yogurt will come through in the cookie dough batter so use whatever brand is your personal favorite.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $16.74Was: $20.94