Golden Milk Coconut Bark may be one of the best ideas I have had in a long time. Seriously, this is the perfect, healthy little treat filled with healthy fats, seeds and anti-inflammatory spices. Have you ever had golden milk? It is a pretty trendy drink right now and for good reason. It is not only insanely delicious but incredibly good for you. The golden color comes from turmeric – a highly potent, hand staining spice full of amazing health properties. You will see a variation of spices in golden milk but the mixture for this bark is really my favorite combination of
- Black Pepper
I love to make different variations of chocolate bark and had the idea one day to make some bark with coconut butter instead and immediately thought of golden milk. I have been super in to turmeric lately so just finding a way to put it in everything. The bold spice flavor pairs perfectly with the sweet coconut. I found that it needed something to balance out the two flavors so added creamy tahini to the batter and it gave it just the right amount of flavor.
The golden milk coconut bark add-ins include some coconut flakes, cacao nibs and pumpkin seeds. These are some of my favorite flavor combinations but feel free to get creative and add your favorite nuts and seeds.
Alright, one QUICK note about coconut butter before sharing the recipe. I find that coconut butter can vary a lot. Some have more oil than others and that will impact how this recipe works. If your coconut butter is fairly runny I would recommend reducing the coconut oil in the recipe to 3 tablespoons. If your coconut butter is pretty thick than keep it at the 4 tablespoons. Just something to be aware of. Oh and don’t forget to stir the tahini really well.
Alright, time to share this amazing GOLDEN MILK COCONUT BARK!
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted tahini
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Line small sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all of the golden milk spices in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat and fill with an Inch or two of water. Place glass bowl on top of the sauce pan to use as a double boiler.
- Add the coconut butter, tahini, coconut oil and maple. Stir frequently as all the oils melt.
- Once it is melted and combined add the golden milk spice blend and whisk to combine. Remove from the heat and stir in the cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes.
- Pour the mixture on the sheet pan and use a spatula to spread the bark evenly. It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the bark in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until completely set. Remove and break the bark in to pieces and store in a airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Remove bark from refrigerator or freezer when ready to be eaten.
- I find that coconut butter can vary a lot. Some have more oil than others and that will impact how this recipe works. If your coconut butter is fairly runny I would recommend reducing the coconut oil in the recipe to 3 tablespoons. If your coconut butter is pretty thick than keep it at the 4 tablespoons.
- I prefer to eat this bark straight from the freezer. I like the crunch it gives but feel free to store it in the refrigerator. If left out on the counter for a long period of time it will start to soften a lot.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $7.05Was: $7.49
Price: Out of stock