Matcha and Cacao Nib is such a wonderful and unique flavor combination. It took me a while to enjoy matcha tea for some reason. I love tea but matcha did not come as easily to me. I kept drinking it though and now I love it. It is such a potent flavor that has the ability to meld with so many others. Over time I realized that I enjoyed it most with something sweet alongside something creamy and full of fat.
This smoothie is a fun way to use matcha and honestly I kind of feel like I am drinking a milkshake. I chose to not add any sweetener to this smoothie because of the banana. However, it can be a tad bit biter so if you feel like it needs to be balanced more I would just add some maple, honey or stevia to your liking.
Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite ingredients like protein, greens etc. Smoothies are a great way to get in some extra nutrients in a delicious and quick way.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder (or more to personal taste)
- 1 whole banana
- 1 Tbsp ground flax (I prefer golden)
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut kefir (optional)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Sweetener (see notes)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- I chose to not add any sweeteners to this smoothie but the matcha and cacao can be a little bitter. So feel free to sweeten as desired.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $15.71Was: $39.99