A few weeks ago I joked on instagram about just posting ice cream recipes for the rest of the summer. I was only kind of kidding about that and that is why I have another frozen treat for you.
This one is incredibly simple and filled with wholesome ingredients. The base is made completely from frozen fruit. No added sweeteners or other weird ingredients. Really all you need is a good, sturdy food processor. It is a pretty similar process to my Chocolate Cherry Banana Ice Cream.
I decided to pair the ice cream with some caramelized pecans because I really love the crunch it adds and also the way the flavor pairs with the peaches. You can easily leave that out if you don’t want to make those.
So here’s to helping you all get through this heat wave with some healthy(ish) ice cream!
- 2 bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 bag frozen peaches (10oz)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Heat a skillet to a medium heat and add the coconut oil and melt.
- Add the maple syrup and let mixture lightly simmer for about one minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the pecans and let the mixture simmer and stir them frequently. Let the mixture reduce and simmer for about 5-8 minutes until sugar mixture is thickened.
- Pour the pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let set.
- Once completely set chop into desired size.
- Add the sliced, frozen banana to a food processor and pulse until they are coarse pieces. Add the frozen peaches and pulse for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and milk and pulse until the mixture is a smooth soft serve texture. Approximately 5-8 minutes.
- You can eat is as a soft serve ice cream or place in an airtight container and freeze until solid
- You may need more milk if mixture is too thick.
- You can omit the candied pecans if you don't prefer them.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $229.95Was: $238.99