Bacon, Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Waffle Sliders! Just take a moment to let that soak in. It is a jalapeno waffle with bacon, grilled pineapple, avocado, onion, spinach and cilantro and it is DELICIOUS!
I have been so super pumped to post this week’s recipes and share them with you all. Sometimes I have a really hard time not sharing every single recipe idea or food picture that I have.
I am really excited about my recipes this week because they focus on all the delicious meat I received from a grass-fed meat company called Butcher Box. This company was created because Mike, the owner, realized that a lot of people wanted to buy grass-fed and quality meats but were have trouble gaining access to them. Thus the concept of Butcher Box was born. It allows people to have greater access to healthier meat.
Butcher box is grass-fed meat company that delivers straight to your door each month. You can customize your box each month and choose between a mixture of chicken, pork and grass-fed beef. You can go even further by customizing your box with add-ons like burgers and rib-eye steaks. Really the options are endless. Each box is $129 and contains 6-10lbs of meat. That equals about 15-20 individual portions. You can have it delivered every month or schedule it every 2-3 months.
I personally went for the all beef box and one pack of sugar-free bacon. I wanted to be able to take advantage of good quality grass-fed beef. So far we have enjoyed many delicious burgers, grilled steaks and these wonderful bacon sliders. I have more recipes coming your way on Friday so be sure to check back! You won’t want to miss my burger recipe!
This jalapeno waffle slider recipes is just so super fun and also so super delicious. I decided to whip up the waffle batter using Otto’s Cassava Flour. I think that it gives the perfect amount of crunch to the waffle and it really made the perfect bread for a bacon sandwich.
This slider is the perfect combination of sweet from the pineapple, spicy from the jalapeño and smoky from the bacon. Feel free to get creative and add a bunch of your favorite toppings.
Also, be sure check out Butcher Box and customize you own delivery of high-quality grass-fed meats!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 2 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1lb bacon, cooked
- 4-5 grilled pineapple slices, peeled and cored
- ½ cup red onions, sliced
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the wet ingredients of the waffle batter in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined and then fold in the minced jalapeno.
- Heat your waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and then add about 1-2 tablespoons of batter to make small waffle sliders. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Preheat a grill to 450 and slice the pineapple in to ½ inch rings and then cut off the rind.
- Grill the pineapple slices about 2-3 minutes a side and then remove from the grill and cut the core out of the slices and set aside.
- Take the waffle slider and top with the cooked bacon, grilled pineapple, red onion, spinach, avocado and chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately.