These Baked Sweet Potatoes with Tatsoi Pesto is my final recipe for our Bloomsbury Farm CSA recipe cards. It has been such a fun season and I have loved creating recipes for my favorite farm.
We received a large bunch of Tatsoi in our last basket and I thought it would be really fun to create a recipe with it. It is a super delicious green that is pretty similar to spinach except that it has a little bit more flavor. It is definitely one of my favorite greens and it makes the perfect pesto. This makes about two cups worth of pesto so we used this stuff on the baked sweet potatoes and also in soup, eggs, pasta…..the options are basically endless.
If you can’t find any Tatsoi at your local market then feel free to replace it with any of your favorite seasonal greens. Also – if you live in the Middle TN area make sure to sign up for the Bloomsbury Farm Fall CSA. It is probably my favorite produce season and I have lots of fun recipes planned.
- 1 bunch tatsoi (4 cups chopped)
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¾ cup grated romano cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 baked sweet potatoes
- Remove the bottom few inches of the tatsoi and then loosely chop the rest. Add it to the food processor with the basil, garlic, pecans and romano and pulse in to small pieces.
- Add the oregano, pepper, salt, honey, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until combined.
- Serve over baked sweet potatoes and store the rest of the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite toppings or protein.