Waffles are one of my favorite things on the planet. I am not sure what it is about them but they are seriously delicious. Over the past year I have experimented with many different variations of grain free waffles. Most of them have been really good but waffles are very subjective. There are crispy waffles, dense, chewy, fluffy etc. The beauty of coming up with your own recipe is that you can make it exactly as you want. These are a great balance between fluffy and crispy. They also reheat super well in the oven the next day. I may or may not have topped mine with some dairy-free chocolate ice cream my sister made me.
I have optional toppings listed below of chocolate chips, pecans and sliced banana. Now they are very much optional if you have some sort of disdain for these topping. However, if you do like them I HIGHLY recommend the combination. It is seriously delicious and borderline magical.
Well now that my stomach is growling I am done writing about these waffles!
- 2 small bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Sliced banana
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Then follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your waffle maker (I use this one)
- Preheat your oven to 200 and place a baking sheet in the oven. You can keep the waffles warm until you are out of batter.