I am seriously obsessed with this Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bar recipe. I love a simple and delicious breakfast recipes and this one is definitely all of those things. Summer is quickly approaching which means berry season will be in full swing. There are few things better than berries in the summer and these bars are the perfect way to utilize some fresh berries.
The base of these bars uses the Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix. This mix is actually extremely versatile and can be used for a lot more than just banana muffins. Have you seen my French toast recipe? Ah! It is to die for and SO easy.
These grab n go breakfast bars are topped with some delicious and nutrient dense coconut butter, cacao nibs, shredded coconut and chia seeds. It not only enhances the flavor of these bars but gives them so extra healthy fats to make them more filling and fuel your morning routine.
These bars would also be the perfect dish to serve with some brunch or even pack away in a summer picnic.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 box Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
- 6 ounces fresh blueberry
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 8x8-baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, almond milk and coconut oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the banana mix to the wet mixture and mix until combined and then fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Add the mixture to the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the bars cool for 10-15 minutes and then top with the melted coconut butter, cacao nibs, shredded coconut and chia seeds.
- Once the bars have cooled completely store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.