I am really excited to be sharing a recipe that I created for the US Wellness Featured Chef Program. I got to share three new recipes featuring some of their amazing products and also got to share a little bit about me and how Jessi’s Kitchen came to be.
I always love the opportunity to do that because I think it is also such a great personal reminder of how I have gotten to where I am and it is such a great opportunity to stop and be incredibly thankful. So if you want to read a little more about me you can check out this Interview and more about US Wellness. Also featured with my interview is a GIVEWAY so you can recreate these recipes. So hop on over and enter that too!
I really love when I can make dinner and only use one dish and this one of my favorite recipes for that. You can easily switch out the chicken breasts for any of your favorite cuts of chicken. Also, feel free to add your favorite vegetables or whatever is in season.
- 1.5lbs Chicken breasts skin on and bone in
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup parsnips, chopped
- ¾ tsp sea salt, divided
- ¾ tsp black pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 and heat a medium skillet to medium high heat and add oil.
- Combine the broth, garlic, lemon zest, Dijon mustard and dill and thoroughly whisk ingredients together and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and place in the hot pan skin side down and let sear for 3-4 minutes and then remove the chicken from the pan and onto a plate.
- Add the carrots and parsnips and let sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add the broth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken pack to the pan and put in the oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.