This recipe was originally created for my Summer Gathering event. I hosted an outdoor party complete with an assortment of appetizers, margarita bar and a build your own s’more bar.
Food has always been a significant part of my life for many reasons. It is something that inspires and fuels my creativity. One of the aspects of food I have always loved the most is the ability for it to bring people together. To gather around one place and spend time together eating, drinking, conversing and laughing.
I believe that creating food for people can truly be a way of showing that someone is heard and seen. Food really can allow you to communicate with people that no matter where they are in life that you notice them. They are seen, heard and loved. I always strive for people to leave my house not only full of food but also feeling like someone took the time to say that they matter. Often times I don’t think we realize the power that food and gathering can really have on others. It is a powerful tool to truly create a powerful community.
Everything is designed for you to make it ahead of time so the host can truly be a part of the party instead of cooking in the kitchen. So even if you don’t make these recipes I encourage you to take some time this summer to invite your friends over. Eat, drink and spend some time gathering together with old and new friends.
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. – Alice Waters”
Click the box below to see the full post
- 6 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 cup red or black grapes, halved
- 2 heads radicchio
- Add the shredded chicken, pecans, Dijon, mayonnaise, chives, oregano, pepper and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the grapes to the bowl and mix.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Before serving cut the bottom off the radicchio and carefully peel away the leaves. Fill with chicken salad and serve.
- I find that people usually eat a lot of this so feel free to adjust the serving size to fit your party.
- Make Ahead: You can make the chicken salad a day in advance and fill the radicchio cups right before guests arrive.
All images by Redeeming Love Photography