I am really excited to be sharing a recipe from Kenzie Swanhart’s new cookbook – Weeknight Cooking for Two!
It seems like every week I can’t decide what I want to cook for our weeknight meals. I end up going back forth with my husband on what sounds good and then we end up eating at 9pm. I am sure we are not the only ones who run in to this problem.
This cookbook helps take out a lot of the stress and hassle of cooking after a long day at work. All these recipes only have FIVE ingredients and take about 30 minutes to prepare. Seriously, takes no time at all. Not only are they super delicious but also incredibly healthy. You will find many gluten-free, paleo and vegetarian recipe options in this book. It also includes many other tips for grocery shopping and meal planning. It covers all your meals from breakfast to dinner and even dessert.
I decided I wanted to make the Chicken and Veggie Skewers. It is perfect grilling season and zucchini is in abundance around here in Tennessee. I also just really love chicken skewers. I was able to throw this meal together in no time at all and it was SO delicious.
Kenzie so graciously said I could share the recipe with you all so be sure to add this recipe to your weeknight meals and also head to my instagram for a GIVEAWAY this week!
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Heat the grill to medium
- In a small bowl, add the paprika, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined and generously coat the chicken.
- Thread the seasoned chicken, tomatoes and zucchini onto skewers.
- Place on the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until fully cooked.
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes or zucchini on hand, you can customize your skewers with whatever veggies you do have. One of my favorite combinations is onion, pepper, and pineapple.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $13.00Was: $17.99