Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables ever. I like them raw, roasted, steamed…and really any other way. Except I have yet to make a good carrot soup. Anyone have an amazing recipe? Mine have been MAJOR flops!
My husband doesn’t really like carrots which I find to be extremely odd. Every time I make a carrot dish he says, “It’s alright.” Well I REALLY am not okay with making a dish that is “alright.” It is not in my nature to accept that. I recently decided to try including something with the carrots that I know he really like a lot which is spice and fresh cilantro.
Well for the first time EVER my husband tried these carrots and said, “These are good.” So if he says they are good then you can probably guess that I really enjoyed them. They really are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Also, they are super quick and easy to make
- 1lb carrots
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut the carrot diagonally in 3 large pieces.
- Mix the seasonings, Dijon and olive oil in a bowl.
- Coat the carrots with the rub and then sprinkle chopped jalapeno on top.
- Roast the carrots for 15 minutes and then flip them. Roast for approximately another 15 minutes or until carrots are soft and slightly caramelized.