Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Hummus has to be one of my new favorite snacks. I started making cauliflower hummus a couple months ago and was super surprised at how creamy and flavorful it was. I decided to play around with the classic recipe and make a version with the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo. I used it in place of the tahini and added more lime to enhance the citrus flavor.
This hummus is just a really nice and balanced flavor. Nothing too spicy or overpowering and you still catch hints of the roasted cauliflower.
If you don’t have access to the Primal Kitchen mayonnaise you can always sub the Sir Kingston Chipotle Mayo or any of your favorite creamy and spicy sauces. Serve it up with some sliced veggies or some gluten free Simple Mills Crackers!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (I prefer Kasandrinos)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup chipotle lime mayo (I prefer Primal Kitchen)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the top parts/florets off the cauliflower and place them on the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, paprika and salt. Roast the cauliflower for 20-25 or until they are softened and slightly browned.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, chipotle lime mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic and salt to a food processer and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately while warm or place in an airtight container to cool in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle more olive oil and paprika on top before serving and enjoy!