I am not even really sure where to start with these cookies because there is just so much chocolate deliciousness going on here.
I am super excited to be participating in the Simple Mills 12 Days of Cookies for this Holiday Season. I absolutely love these gluten free/grain free baking mixes and use them regularly in our house.
For 12 days there is going to be a new cookie recipe and personality posted highlighting one of their mixes and festive things you can do with them for the holidays.
It was a pretty easy decision for me to choose the chocolate cake/muffin mix to create an epic cookie for the CHOCOLATE LOVER! I decided to incorporate all of my favorite things about chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies in to one delicious and festive dessert and it is SO magical. You have the soft cake cookie filled with dark chocolate chips. Then those are topped with a rich melted chocolate as the frosting and then sprinkled with cacao nibs to give the perfect crunch.
We all have that person in our life that is a true chocolate lover through and through and these cookies would be the perfect holiday treat to give them. These can be wrapped up in a cute tin or tied with some beautiful ribbon. I absolutely love getting homemade and edible gifts for the holidays and REALLY love when they are chocolate. You can also get more gift ideas for the Chocolate Lover in your life by heading to the Simple Mills Chocolate Lover Pinterest Board.
Since everyone in your life may not be a “Chocolate Lover” you should check out what other cookie personalities have been posted and see which ones match your friends and family! Check them out on –
- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 7 oz chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally spread some oil on the parchment paper
- Whisk eggs, water, oil in a large bowl.
- Add the mix to the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and thoroughly combine.
- Use a scoop to place about 2 tablespoons of batter on the baking sheet and spread into a circular patter. Leave about 2-3 inches of room between each cookie because it will spread out.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cookies cool for a couple minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Repeat process until all of the batter is gone.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Frost the cookies with the melted chocolate and then sprinkle coca nibs on top.
- Let the chocolate set for about 30-45 minutes and then serve or store in an airtight container.