Oh man, these chocolate peanut butter coconut cups are basically EVERYTHING. It is such a simple but decadent treat that only takes a few ingredients.
I recently bought some of the new(ish) Roasted Coconut Butter from Eating Evolved. They have an Usweetened one and a Sweet & Salty. Both of these are INCREDIBLE and you could easily use either one. I decided to mix some of it with some Wild Friends Peanut Butter to create a delicious filling for the chocolate cups.
I love that these are filled with healthy fats and antioxidant rich chocolate. They really only take a few minutes to throw together. I sometimes run in to this problem where I have ZERO idea what to write on these blog posts. It is like my mind goes completely blank. SO I think I will just summarize with some bullet points.
- These are DELICIOUS
- You REALLY need to make them
- SUPER easy recipe
- Eating Evolved is the BEST
- Did I mention you NEED to make these?!
- Peanut Butter has been giving me LIFE lately!
- Chocolate ALWAYS gives me life
- One last thing – use code “jessihtmt” for a FREE mini chocolate bar with purchase on Eating Evolved.. Order HERE
Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Cups2017-06-02 11:32:19Yields 12Write a reviewPrep Time15 minTotal Time45 minPrep Time15 minTotal Time45 minIngredients
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup peanut butter (I like Wild Friends)
- ¼ cup Eating Evolved Roasted Coconut Butter, softened (see notes)
- Salt flakes (optional garnish)
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 disposable baking cups.
- Scoop about two teaspoons of melted chocolate in to the bottom of the liner and up the sides some.
- Pop them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let the chocolate set while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together the softened coconut butter and the peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and fill each one with about two teaspoons of peanut butter filling and then pop them in the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top the cups with about a teaspoon more of melted chocolate and sea salt flakes if desired.
- Move the cups to the refrigerator until chocolate and peanut butter has hardened. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Jessi's Kitchen http://jessiskitchen.com/
- I used the unsweetened coconut butter but you can also use the sweet & salty. If you can't get your hands on this brand feel free to substitute your favorite coconut butter