I love every recipe I post but for some reason I just feel super proud of this one. I took one of my all-time favorite foods…ICE CREAM and added some nutrient dense ingredients.
I have always been a BIG ice cream girl. If I could eat one dessert for the rest of my life I would pick ice cream. Since I am primarily dairy-free now I often make my own ice cream since it is cheaper and often healthier than the store-bought options.
A couple months ago I ordered the new Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel because I had wanted a protein powder for mornings when I need a quick and easy breakfast. My body doesn’t respond well to plant-based ones so was SUPER excited when I found out this one was collagen based. That is my favorite form of protein to use in smoothies anyway. Guys, this stuff is SO GOOD! I was blown away be the flavor!
I had the idea to try and use the protein in something other than my morning smoothies and first had the idea to do some frozen popsicles. I like popsicles BUT I would much rather have some ice cream and I am SO GLAD I went that direction. I was over the moon excited with how good this recipe turned out. I added a small avocado to give the ice cream a creamy texture and also add some more nutrients to the ice cream. I did end up adding a little bit of maple to the recipe to ensure that the ice cream would be creamy. However, it is just enough without adding too much sweetness.
Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite add-ins or toppings!
- 2 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 scoops Primal Kitchen Chocolate Collagen Fuel
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add all of the ice cream ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the batter to your ice cream maker and follow according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in an airtight container and let it freeze completely. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften.