Dairy-free Chocolate Cherry Popsicles! YUM! I seriously am so super pumped about posting this recipe. I actually had other recipes scheduled for this week but I really couldn’t wait to post this so I rearranged everything because….DUH…..CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY POPSICLES!
This recipe really is incredibly simple and can be thrown together in no time. Unfortunately you have to wait for them to freeze which is really a bummer sometimes when I am so excited about a recipe.
I decided to only dip about a ¼ of the popsicle in the chocolate shell but you can easily dip it as little or as much as you want. Cacao nibs are also an optional part of this but absolutely delicious if you have some around.
These popsicles really are the perfect treat to enjoy with family and friends on these hot summer days
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 – 10oz bag of frozen dark cherries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Combine the coconut milk, cherries, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the cherry mixture in to the popsicle molds and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Once the popsicles have frozen start to prepare the chocolate shell. Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Heat the mixture and stir occasionally until it is all combined and then take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Dip the popsicles in the chocolate shell and then quickly top with cacao nibs. Eat immediately or store in the freezer.
- Feel free to dip the popsicles in as much chocolate shell as desired.
- I added a little bit of maple to help the popsicles have a creamy texture. However, I think it is plenty sweet without it. You can easily leave it out if you don't wish for any added sweeteners.