I originally created this dairy free hot fudge recipe for my Hot Fudge Milkshakes. I thought I would make it a little easier to find the recipe and create a separate tab for it. This is really a super easy recipe for dairy-free hot fudge. I make it for people all the time and they always think it contains dairy. Serve over ice cream, cakes or eat it off the spoon!
- 2.5 ounces 70-85% chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or palm shortening
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa or cacao powder (sifted)
- Heat a sauce pan to medium heat. Melt the chocolate and oil together and then whisk in the coconut milk.
- Add the coconut sugar and cocoa powder and whisk until combined and sugar is dissolved. Serve immediately or put the hot fudge in a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- You can reheat the fudge on the stove before serving.