This Fajita Steak Salad is a lighter version of fajitas without all of the tortillas. It is topped with sautéed peppers and onions, tomato, cilantro and a delicious avocado dressing. It really is the perfect way to use some of flat iron steak that I received in our box.
I am really excited about all my recipes this week because they focus on all the delicious meat I received from a grass-fed meat company called Butcher Box. This company was created because Mike, the owner, realized that a lot of people wanted to buy grass-fed and quality meats but were have trouble gaining access to them. Thus the concept of Butcher Box was born. It allows people to have greater access to healthier meat.
Butcher box is grass-fed meat company that delivers straight to your door each month. You can customize your box each month and choose between a mixture of chicken, pork and grass-fed beef. You can go even further by customizing your box with add-ons like burgers and rib-eye steaks. Really the options are endless. Each box is $129 and contains 6-10lbs of meat. That equals about 15-20 individual portions. You can have it delivered every month or schedule it every 2-3 months.
I personally went for the all beef box and one pack of sugar-free bacon. I wanted to be able to take advantage of good quality grass-fed beef. So far we have enjoyed many delicious burgers, fajita steak salads and those wonderful bacon sliders.
- 2lbs flat iron steaks
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 small avocados
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, fresh
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz mixed field greens
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Combine all of the steak seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Rub the seasoning over the flat iron steak and let sit out room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the avocado dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the peppers and onions and sauté for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat grill to 500 and place the steak on and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes a side or until desired internal temperature.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil and let set for 3-5 minutes and then slice in to thin strips.
- Divide the salad ingredients and steak among four bowls and top with desired amount of avocado dressing.