Banana Bread French Toast. Just let that soak in for a while. Basically two great breakfast items put in to one fantastic meal. I believe I have talked MANY times on the blog about my love for banana bread, muffins, cookies..etc. It really is a slight obsession and the obsession continues with this French toast.
I decided to use a Simple Mills Banana Muffin mix for this recipe for two reasons. 1. It is an insanely delicious mix. 2. It can be made in literally no time at all. As much as I love to cook and make things from scratch there are times that I don’t want to spend a lot of time making something. It takes less than five minutes to put that bread mixture together. It is so fast that usually my oven isn’t even preheated yet!
This is really a super fun and delicious twist on the classic French toast. Perfect for a Sunday brunch or a special treat.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 package Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
- 10 slices banana bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil or butter, divided
- Cacao nibs
- Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1lb loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and oil. Add the banana mix to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the banana bread batter to the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and let cool on a baking rack.
- Once the bread has cooled slice it in to 1 inch thick pieces.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Drench both sides of the banana bread in the egg mixture and then place on the skillet and fry each side for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Repeat until all of the banana bread slices are gone.
- Top with bananas, cacao nibs, shredded coconut and maple syrup if desired.