The past two weeks of recipe development for me have been ALL around a Gluten-free, Vegan Cookie Dough. It has really been a huge sacrifice for me to make and taste all these different cookie dough recipes.
I have been on an egg elimination phase for some health reasons and baking without eggs is SO HARD. I would do anything for a fluffy egg-filled waffle right now. HELP ME!! Anyone have any killer egg-free/gluten-free waffle recipes?
Anyway, this post is not about waffles. This is kind of a two part recipe actually. I was inspired to try and make a cookie dough filling for a cake recipe idea I had. Sometimes I have these grand recipe ideas and then they really don’t work and I get sad. Well this recipe was not one of them! I successfully made a vegan cookie dough AND brownie! Woo-hoo!
I recently discovered that dairy-free yogurt can be a great addition to baked goods that are free of eggs. It adds really good flavor and also texture. I guess you can celebrate that your cookie dough has probiotics too…Right?
There is one special aspect to this cookie dough and that is the addition of Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups. If you have followed me on instagram for a while you would probably be familiar with my coconut butter obsession. They are one of my favorite desserts. The chocolate is sweetened with coconut sugar and the coconut butter is filled with healthy fats. It really is a great, low-sugar treat. They add a great texture and flavor to this cookie dough.
You can shop the coconut butter cups HERE or check your local health food store. If you purchase online be sure to use code “jessihtmt” for a FREE product with purchase
(note – it won’t show up in your cart at checkout but they will add it when they ship.
This cookie dough is great to eat by the spoonful or can be used as a layer in a cake that I am posting later this week. So stay tuned and GET EXCITED!
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 Eating Evolved Caramel & Sea Salt Coconut Butter Cups, chopped (see notes)
- Add the palm shortening and coconut sugar to a large bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer until mixture is fluffy. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and yogurt and beat until combined.
- Add the almond flour, buckwheat, flax seed and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut butter cups and stir to combine.
- The coconut butter cups are a DELICIOUS part of this cookie dough but not necessary. You can substitute another ½ cup of chocolate chips if you chose not to use them.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $31.92Was: $33.56
Price: Check on Amazon