This Paleo Chicken Stir-fry is one of the many recipes that I have been making for ages but never took the time to write it down. Stir-fry is really the perfect meal to make in a pinch. It is usually my – “clean out the fridge meal.”
You just throw all the remaining vegetables in a skillet with some chicken and teriyaki and then dinner is done in about 30 minutes.
I personally don’t eat any soy because of the reaction I get with my autoimmune disease. However, I have found an awesome alternative to soy sauce and that is coconut aminos. I started using them a few years ago and would make my own teriyaki sauce. Eventually the company Coconut Secret ended up releasing some flavored coconut aminos and one of them was teriyaki flavored. It really is SO freaking good and awesome for a quick weeknight meal. You should be able to find it at any health food store or even on Amazon.
This dish a low-carb and paleo recipe by serving this with cauliflower rice. However, if you are feeling the need for some carbs it is great with my coconut pineapple rice.
Feel free to get creative with this recipe and add your favorite stir-fry veggies.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cubed
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1.5 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup Teriyaki Coconut Aminos
- Cut the chicken in to 1-2 inch cubes and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes and then flip them over and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining coconut oil and add the stir- fry vegetables, remaining salt, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the sesame oil and teriyaki coconut aminos and cook until veggies are tender and the liquid is slightly reduced, approximately 5 minutes. Serve as is our over some cauliflower rice with some cilantro and cashews
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›