I have a serious obsession with a really good Pineapple Coconut Rice. There is something about the combination of flavors that is just SO awesome. I also love the sweet flavor the coconut milk adds and the texture the fat provides for the rice.
I have been making coconut rice off and on for a while and I kept forgetting to write down what I did and then I sometimes couldn’t repeat it. That would always just leave me really sad and extremely disappointed.
So….I finally did the smart thing and wrote down the recipe so I can avoid the devastation of a bad batch of coconut rice.
- 1 – 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, fresh
- Add the coconut milk, water and sea salt to a medium sized saucepan and heat to a low simmer.
- Add the rice and quickly stir and then place a lid on the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes and then fluff the rice with a fork.
- Add the rice to a bowl with the chopped pineapple and cilantro. Toss to combine and serve immediately.