Potato and Sausage Hash
Write a review
- Potato Hash
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ lb hot pork sausage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly softened.
- Pour the potatoes in to a colander and strain all the liquid.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the pork sausage. Cook the sausage and chop in to small pieces. Once cooked, pour the sausage and pour into a bowl and set aside (strain grease if needed).
- Saute the onions and peppers for about 3 minutes and then add the potatoes and seasonings.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the butter or ghee on top and let melt over the potatoes. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Add the sausage in the last few minutes of cooking.
Jessi's Kitchen http://jessiskitchen.com/