This Red Cabbage Steak recipe was created for my Dinner Party post. There are few vegetables I love more than red cabbage. These ‘steaks’ can be thrown together in no time at all. The balsamic glaze is the perfect touch of sweetness to compliment the bitter cabbage flavor.
- 1 medium/large red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the cabbage steaks ½ inch thick starting from the top all the way through the bottom (leave the core in).
- Lay the ‘steaks’ on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes
- While the steaks are cooking heat the balsamic in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Lightly simmer until mixture has reduced by half.
- Start with drizzling a ¼ cup of balsamic reduction on the steaks and top with more if desired
Images by: Redeeming Love Photography