I can’t get over how delicious and beautify this Roasted Pears with Pecans and Date Balsamic is. I am so excited that fall is finally here in Tennessee and I can start making all the delicious seasonal foods. We basically eat soup all day and every day around here.
This is such a simple and satisfying dish that can be used as a dessert or a sweeter side dish. I decided to drizzle these pears with the Date Lady Balsamic Vinegar. It has a similar texture to a balsamic reduction but has a sweeter flavor and pairs perfectly with the pears.
You may have seen me mention Date Lady in some previous posts. Their delicious dates have been a complete game-changer in my ice cream and I have fallen in love with all their products. You could probably use a balsamic reduction on these pears but I would definitely recommend giving this date balsamic a try.
So here’s to the first recipe of the fall season!
- 4 pears, halved and cored
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp Date Lady Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- Cinnamon (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the pears in half and then use a spoon to scoop out the core.
- Brush with lemon juice and then brush with coconut oil.
- Bake the pears for 25-30 minutes or until they are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Top the pears with the chopped pecans and drizzle with the date balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving (optional)