I go through phases of obsession with mashed sweet potato. I am not really sure why but I will all of the sudden crave it like crazy. Well this recipe was born out of one of those weeks where I couldn’t stop eating mashed sweet potato.
I really love adding smoked paprika to sweet potatoes because the smoky and sweet compliment each other perfectly. I decided to add some toasted pecans to this recipe to add an extra layer of flavor. Sweet, smoky and nutty deliciousness!
- 2.5lbs Sweet Potato, halved
- 3 Tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Heat a large pot to medium high heat and boil the potatoes until soft. Approximately 35 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and toast the pecans for 4-5 minutes. Watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly and peel the skin off the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the ghee and rest of the seasonings and mash with a hand mixer or a large fork.
- Top with the roasted pecans and serve immediately.