On day two of my “Ten Days of Thanksgiving” I am sharing a super simple but delicious sangria recipe. I love sangria for many reasons and one of them being WINE. However, the other reason being that I love how easy it is for large parties or gatherings. It is always a crowd pleaser and often only takes me a few minutes to make.
I love to sip on wine and snack on food while helping prepare the Thanksgiving feast. Is that just me or do you guys cook with a glass of wine? I wanted to create simple sangria that would be easy for everyone to pour a glass while cooking and hanging out.
This one is filled with lots of delicious fall flavors and is a nice balance of richness and sweetness.
- 1 750ml bottle Red Wine (I used a Spanish)
- ½ cup spiced pear liqueur (I used this one)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- ½ cup cranberries (see notes)
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Combine the red wine, pear liqueur, orange juice and cranberry juice in a pitcher and stir.
- Add the lime, pear, apple and cranberry and stir.
- Cover and let infuse for 12-24 hours.
- Top with sparkling water if desired and serve.
- The cranberries do not absorb as much liquid as the other fruit. You can leave them out if you do not like raw cranberries. They make a great presentation though.