Our 21 day detox is over! It was a very good learning experience but I am also very glad that it is done. It was sometimes a little stressful restricting my diet more than it already is. However, I did learn where I needed to change some eating habits so that was beneficial. It is definitely a little rough transitioning out of the detox though.
Grapefruit was one of the only fruits we could have on this detox and we had a bunch leftover so I wanted to do something different with it. My husband loves grapefruit so this was something I made for him. Grapefruit can be quite tart to me so I added some strawberry and coconut milk to help level out the tartness. This is really a super easy and fast mix to make and then you can just throw it in your ice cream maker.
I used the hallowed out grapefruit as bowls. It is a super easy and fun way to serve the ice cream. I just stuck it in the oven on 200 for about an hour until it dried out some.
- 1 grapefruit
- 12 frozen strawberries (8 oz)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 Tbls coconut oil
- 2 oz medjool dates
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Lime Zest
- Toasted Coconut
- Melt the oil in a saucepan and add the sugar, grapefruit flesh, strawberry and vanilla.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes on medium high heat. Throw the ice cream mixture and dates in a blender and puree.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Pour the strained batter back in the blender and add the coconut milk.
- Mix thoroughly and then place in the refrigerator until cool. About 1 hour.
- Then follow the manufactures instructions for your ice cream maker.