We love soup in our house and it doesn’t matter how hot or cold it is outside. I love that we can eat it for several days it only gets better as the flavor becomes richer. This chicken chili has become a staple in our house and is the perfect soup for a large group of people. I actually originally created this recipe for a tailgating menu because soup is the perfect dish to feed a crowd. Also, when you have people over you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all night. You want to be able to join the fun. You can easily double this recipe to feed a large crowd but a single batch should feed about six people.
Feel free to change up the peppers in this recipe and include some of your favorites. You can also remove the jalapeno if you don’t like much spice in your soup. I also highly recommend that you include some delicious toppings. They add so much flavor to this dish. My personal favorites are some chopped up cilantro, avocado and a good salsa.
- 1 cup poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups bone broth/stock
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Green onions
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and sauté the peppers, butternut, garlic and spices for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the broth and let the soup simmer for 20-25.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken and simmer for 2-3 more minutes and then serve.
- Serve with salsa, avocado, green onion and enjoy!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $43.80Was: $57.48