I love a good one pot meal and this Turmeric Roasted Chicken with Broccolini is one of my new favorite dishes! I have been a little bit obsessed with turmeric lately. I guess that is not a bad thing since it is such a healthy spice. It is a very potent spice though and it definitely has taken me a little bit to figure out how to balance it correctly. One thing I love about turmeric is that you can really use it in sweet or savory dishes. Have you ever tried my Almond Butter, Turmeric and Ginger Cookies?! INSANE!
Anyway, I love a good one pot dinner. The fewer the dishes the better! A couple years ago I read a tip from a Bon Appetit magazine on how to cook bone in/skin on chicken breast. They talked about searing the skin until crispy and instead of searing the flesh you actually add the liquid so it doesn’t begin to dry it. I actually went to the store like immediately and gave that method a try and completely fell in love. It seriously turns out perfect every time. So this recipes is kind of based off of that method.
I decided to use broccolini for this recipe because I think it holds up really well being roasted with the chicken. I also just really like the veggie! You can easily double this recipe if you are feeding a larger group of people. Just make sure you have a pan big enough to hold it all.
Here’s hoping this recipe makes your weeknight dinner a little easier.
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5lbs chicken breast, skin on and bone in
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, (approximately 1 lb)
- ¾ cup chicken bone broth or stock
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add all of the spice ingredients to a small bowl and mix to combine. Liberally season the outside of the chicken with the blend and under the skin. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized dutch oven or oven-proof skillet to medium-high heat and add the chopped bacon. Cook until the bacon pieces are browned. Remove the bacon from the oil.
- Place the chicken skin-side down in the bacon grease and let fry for about 3 minutes or until skin is crispy. Remove from the skillet and set on a plate.
- Add the Broccolini and let sear for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan, skin side up and place it around and on top of the broccolini.
- Add the broth to the pan and place it in the oven. Let cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $59.88Was: $71.88