Part of me thought that I shouldn’t even post this Vegan Almond Butter Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe because there are like a MILLION recipes on the Internet. Then I decided that was a dumb because I still wanted to share my recipe. I am currently on my way to Aruba and trying to pass the time by catching up on some blog posts.
Avocados are seriously one of the most amazing and versatile fruits. You can use them for SO many things and they are SO nutrient dense.
Avocados and dates help create a perfect creamy texture for this chocolate pudding. I decided to enhance the flavor of this pudding by adding almond butter. It not only lends a great flavor but also helps with the creamy texture. I really don’t believe in feeling guilt about treats but I would say that this one is just about as nutrient dense as you can get for a dessert.
This pudding can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. You can serve it with some cacao nibs or some of your favorite berries.
- 3 oz dates, pitted (I prefer Date Lady)
- ¾ cup smashed avocado
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add the pitted dates to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Store the chocolate pudding in an airtight container and let cool for 2-5 hours.
- Top with cacao nibs or your favorite toppings