Lets just take a second and look at this Vegan Caramel Apple Milkshake. Why are milkshakes SO pretty? I can’t get over it.
I have always been a big ice cream and milkshake fan. I guess there are probably not a lot of people who don’t like ice cream. RIGHT?!….are there people who don’t like ice cream?
Anyway this is not your classic caramel shake for many reasons but primarily because of the caramel I used in it. You have probably heard me mention Date Lady in some of my other posts. Their dates have been a game change for my ice cream recipes and have even used them in some savory recipes like my guajillo sweet potato tacos.
Well they also make a caramel out of dates and it has such an awesome flavor. I love that I don’t have to make it and it also is made with REAL FOOD.
If you don’t have access to the Date Lady caramel then you can definitely substitute your favorite kind. This is just a fun seasonal treat that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes.
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp caramel sauce (I used Date Lady)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (I prefer Primal Palate )
- 1¼ - 1½ cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream (I like Nadamoo or Coconut Bliss)
- 8-10 cubes of ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the shake in to two glasses and top with coconut whipped cream, caramel and more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with coconut whipped cream if desired!